At Ernehale we believe that consistency in school uniform creates a sense of belonging and unity, boosts self-esteem and encourages pupils to have a pride in themselves and their school.
The Dress Policy is as follows:
- White school logo or plain white polo shirt (no blouses)
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Black trousers, skirt or pinafore. Skirts must be knee length.
- Black or white socks or tights
- Smart black school shoes must be worn. Trainers, plimsolls, boots or heels are not acceptable. During wet or cold weather, if boots are worn to school, pupils must change into shoes for the school day.
Ernehale Junior School fleeces and jackets are also available for outside wear only.
In the summer pupils may choose to wear
- Royal blue gingham or stripe dress
- Black school shorts
Please ensure that during hot spells pupils wear sunscreen and bring a sun hat.
- If a hat is required to provide protection from the weather it must be plain and without logo/decoration.
- Items of headwear worn for religious reasons must be plain black.
- Hair colour should be natural.
- Extreme hairstyles are not allowed.
- If worn, hair accessories should be simple neutral, blue or white bobbles, clips or headbands.
- No make-up should be worn.
- Nails should be an appropriate length for the learning environment.
- No nail varnish should be worn.
- For those with pierced ears, a single pair of plain stud earrings can be worn in the lobe of each ear, these must be removed for PE.
- No other jewellery is allowed, this includes additional earrings, stretchers, rings, bracelets, nose studs, tongue/facial piercings and any other body jewellery.
- If parents wish their child to have their ears pierced we ask that this is done at the start of the summer holiday so it is fully healed by the start of term.
- White t-shirt
- Navy shorts
- Suitable trainers
- Navy tracksuit for the winter months
- No logos except Ernehale Junior School logo
PE Kits should be brought in on a Monday and left at school all week
ALL CLOTHING SHOULD BE CLEARLY LABELLED
We have two nominated suppliers;
Just Schoolwear in Arnold. You can phone them on 0115 9652869 , email them at email@example.com, or visit them at 12 High Street Arnold Nottingham, NG5 7DZ . http://just-schoolwear.co.uk/shop/Ernhale-Junior-School.html
Or alternatively, Schoolwear Solutions on Mapperley Top. You can phone them on 0115 871 9926, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit them at 806 Woodborough Road, Mapperley Top, Nottingham NG3 5QJ.